Skip to main content

You are here


For information on Countries and Regions requiring a visa to travel to Mexico, please visit:

Those citizens of the listed countries (including China, India and Russia) or regions must obtain a visa to travel to Mexico. For recreation, business or any unpaid activity in Mexico that does not exceed 180 days, must apply in any Mexican consulate visitor visa without permission to engage in gainful activity.

A foreign who has any of the following documents shall not require Mexican visa:

a) A document certifying permanent residence in Canada, USA, Japan, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, or any of the countries of the Schengen Area;

  b) Valid visa from the United States of America;

  c) Card APEC Business Traveler (ABTC) approved by Mexico;

  d) Certificates testifying as a crew member of the aircraft that arrives, or

  e) Book sea, if a member of the crew of the vessel up to the Mexican port in international voyage. If the above by air crew to enroll in a national ship anchored in port, you must present the book sea, document certifying their enrollment, data from the boat and the Mexican port where this is located.

For further information on visa requirements for your Country (if apply), please visit the official website of the Embassy or Consulate of Mexico in your Country.

International Academy of Astronautics